Aluminum bleachers have been a staple of ballparks, football fields, race tracks, and countless other venues for decades. They're nearly as common of a sight at a sports field as a scoreboard. There are several different materials bleachers can be constructed from ( wood and galvanized steel as two other options) but aluminum has forever been the go-to option for nearly every bleacher application out there.
What's made aluminum the reigning king of the sports bleachers ?
The first aspect that comes to mind is their longevity. Whenever you are planning any type of permanent public venue getting your money's worth and a high return on your investment is a must. Aluminum is a longer-lasting material than wooden bleachers allowing them to stay in use for longer periods of time save you on costly replacements or repairs down the road.
The comparsions you can make between the older style wood bleachers and modern aluminum all lean towards aluminum heavily. Wood, while appealing for its low cost, carries a very short life span compared to aluminum. This combined with the possibility of rotting and splintering can actually make wooden bleachers more expensive over their life from replacements and repairs compared to aluminum. There are few worse things as a venue owner to face than one of your patrons getting injured by sitting on a faulty, outdated, and dangerous bleacher arrangement.
Safety is a vastly important area where aluminum bleacher excel in. Aluminum, being a non- conducive material, makes any bleachers contructed from it immune to any electrical hazard that may arise.
Aluminum providers resistance to anything from falling wires to erratic lighting strikes( compared to metal bleachers which serve as a great conductor). They also carry the added benefit of being immune to the rotting that their wooden cousins can suffer from.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What are the types of the active stage
- Maintenance of stage truss
- Set up the stage trusses correctly to escort th...
- The role of stage truss in the application process
- What are the elements of the stage equipment de...
- How to use the glass stage best
- Where is the advantage of the folding stage app...
- On the stage of marriage, which stage are you w...
- Wall material for storage tents
- Party tent make the party glamorous
- Ensuring Your Bleachers are ADA Accessibly Comp...
- A Quick Guide to Buying Portable Bleachers
- Gymnasiums Used as Multipurpose Facilities
- The Boom in High School and Collegiate Athletic...