NIGERIA: For the second year running. Cytech World Communication provided an Outline sound system for The Experience. The event , held in Lagos' Tafawa-Balewa Square and organised by The House on the Rock Church is the world's largest Gospel concert and attracted a crowd of 600000 worshippers.
The Experience's FOH audio set-up comprised 30 GTO C-12 line-source systems plus two underhung GTO-DF ( down-fill) modules, while 16 DBS 18-2, eight Subtech 218 and four LAB 21 HS subwoofers ensured the low and infra-low frequencies power and precision.
Eighteen more GTO C-12 elements were selected to provided the necessary coverage width for audience areas near the side of the stage, and 32 Butterfly were fielded as delay units. Eight DVS 12 enclosures filled in the nearfield, and two Doppias combined with four Subtech 218 handled sidefill. The whole system was powered by Outline T-Series amplifiers.
'As a Nigerian, this has always been a very important event for me, and the fact that they confirmed us for the second consecutive year means we did our job well,' said Cyril Utomoibor, ower and managing director of Cytech World Communication. ' The audio team pulled out all the stops to take care of every detail and , at the end of the day, I really must say that the sound was incredible. The C-12 simply outperformed all the other systems used at previous editions. The SPL and clarity were wonderful , in spite of the fact that Tafawa-Balewa Square measures 280m by 200m. My client, Pastor Paul Adefarasin, was in fact amazed and extremely pleased, and I'm looking forward to the next great show .'
' This is a project I'm particularly proud of , ' added the event's system engineer Carlo Gennaro, who was also reconfirmed for the second time at The Experience. ' Due to the vast area and the size of the crowd, achieving the best possible results in terms of coverage was fundamental, to enable everyone to enjoy the show , no matter where they were watching it from.
With very little time at our disposal on-site , we used Openarray 3D acoustic simulation software to "Outline" our strategy, and the result was really gratifying. For the record, on the FOH platform, at 40m from the rig, we had an undistorted SPL of 110dB. Pure pleasure ! '
Previous: No Information
Related Industry Knowledge
- What are the types of the active stage
- Maintenance of stage truss
- Set up the stage trusses correctly to escort th...
- The role of stage truss in the application process
- What are the elements of the stage equipment de...
- How to use the glass stage best
- Where is the advantage of the folding stage app...
- On the stage of marriage, which stage are you w...
- Wall material for storage tents
- Party tent make the party glamorous
- The development direction of stage lighting tru...
- What are the types of grandstand seats in the s...
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Stage Plywood
- What is the biggest role of the tent?
- Benefits of Aluminum Bleachers
- Ensuring Your Bleachers are ADA Accessibly Comp...
- A Quick Guide to Buying Portable Bleachers
- Gymnasiums Used as Multipurpose Facilities
- The Boom in High School and Collegiate Athletic...